the Olney mill neighborhood

olney mill community association community website ‚Äč-

Olney Mill Community Association

P.O. Box 217

Olney, MD 20830


How much is the annual assessment?  When is it due?

The annual assessment for each home in the Olney Mill community is $55 per year. Assessments are due by January 31. Assessments that are not received by the due date may be charged a collection fee.

What is included in the annual dues? Why do I have to pay it?

In order for the initial developers of Olney Mill to obtain building permits, Montgomery County required them to establish a homeowner's association to oversee the maintenance of the common property. All Olney Mill homeowners are automatically members of the association and must share in the maintenance costs, as determined by the Board of Directors.

Annual Assessments are used to cover the costs of:

  • Maintenance and repair of the Mill House
  • Landscaping of common areas
  • Community Events
  • Insurance
  • Scholarship

How are trash collection and recycling handled in Olney Mill?

  • Each homeowner is responsible for contracting for trash removal service with a private company. Trash removal is not included in your annual assessment.
  • Montgomery County collects recyclable items, such as yard waste, paper, metal, glass and plastic.


In which school district is Olney Mill located?

  • Belmont Elementary School
  • Greenwood Elementary School
  • Rosa Park Middle School
  • Sherwood High School


When does the OMCA Board of Directors meet?  How are they elected?
The Olney Mill Community Association Board of Directors regularly meets the second Wednesday of each month. Meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the Remax/Buffington Building (located at 3300 Olney-Sandy Spring Road). All Olney Mill residents are encouraged to attend.

Board members are elected at the OMCA Annual Meeting each November. To create some consistency, no more than four positions are elected in any given year. Board members serve a two year term.

What type of materials do I need to submit for ACC approval of a project?

  • Property Address
  • Homeowner's Name(s)
  • Phone Number
  • Email Address
  • Description of Request (including size, color, materials, location on property and any other pertinent information)
  • Home plat that shows proposed changes
  • Design plans (if available)
  • Copy of Montgomery County building permit